Table of Contents:
WordBytes on Catholic Doctrine
FAQs & Teachings of the Faith
Catholic doctrine teaches us that the transubstantiation of bread and wine into the real body and blood of Christ is only one of many supernatural events that God provides during Mass. The liturgy gives us protection from evil in part because it begins with the Penitential Rite, which miraculously heals our spiritual wounds and strengthens our connection to the Holy Spirit. (Excerpt from Why is Mass the best way to progress in the spiritual life?)
Answers about Evil in Our World Today & End Times Prophecies
- The Second Coming of Christ: Should we believe modern revelations?
I’m often asked for my opinion about modern-day mystics, inner-locutionaries and visionaries, i.e., people who claim to be getting messages from Jesus or Mary. The questions come especially about the ones who warn that Americans are soon going to pay for their sinfulness, or that the anti-Christ is here or is coming soon, or that time is short and disaster is looming for the entire society or world. And is the Second Coming of Christ going to happen soon?
- Malachy’s prophecy, Pope Benedict’s resignation, and other end of the world stuff
- Are natural disasters really chastisements?
- Do Not Be Afraid: Are we seeing signs that The Tribulation has begun?
- Is America blessing God?
- The affects of moral relativism: A frank analysis of what’s running amuck in our world
- Why does God favor the ungodly?
- Faithfulness, trust and courage: Did we lose these in Vatican Council II?
Answers about Very Catholic Beliefs
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Defining Purgatory & the Communion of Saints
- Why must we go to confession if God’s love is unconditional?
- Why go to a priest for Confession?
- What is the Heart of the Church? (video podcast)
- The Christmas Magi: What do we know about them?
- Is the Catechism of the Catholic Church Dependable for Teaching Truth?
- Are the Magisterium & the Pope dependable for teaching truth?
- Preventing priest burnout amidst shortages
Answers about Mary
- Was Mary an immaculate conception?
- What do we know about Mary’s birth and life?
- How do we know Mary never sinned?
- Was Mary the Mother of God?
- Did Jesus have a brother named James?
Answers about Controversial (& Misunderstood) teachings
- Is the Catholic Church right about contraception?
The debate about whether state and federal law should mandate contraception and sterilization coverage in health care has created a wonderful opportunity to provide the world with some faith formation on a very misunderstood topic. How well are we doing?
- Does Catholicism condemn homosexuals?
- Why must I get an annulment to remarry?
- God’s mysterious ways with an annulment
Answers about the Catholic Mass
- What’s the big deal about going to Mass?
- Why is Mass the best way to progress in the spiritual life?
- The correct posture at Mass: Should we be standing or kneeling?
- The correct posture at Mass: Can we genuflect when receiving Communion?