Table of Contents:
WordBytes on Catholic Doctrine
FAQs & Teachings of the Faith
Catholic doctrine teaches us that the transubstantiation of bread and wine into the real body and blood of Christ is only one of many supernatural events that God provides during Mass. The liturgy gives us protection from evil in part because it begins with the Penitential Rite, which miraculously heals our spiritual wounds and strengthens our connection to the Holy Spirit. (Excerpt from Why is Mass the best way to progress in the spiritual life?)
Answers about Evil in Our World Today & End Times Prophecies
- The Second Coming of Christ: Should we believe modern revelations?
- Malachy’s prophecy, Pope Benedict’s resignation, and other end of the world stuff
- Are natural disasters really chastisements?
- Do Not Be Afraid: Are we seeing signs that The Tribulation has begun?
- Is America blessing God?
- A frank analysis of what’s running amuck in our world
- Why does God favor the ungodly?
- Faithfulness, trust and courage: Did we lose these in Vatican Council II?
Answers about Very Catholic Beliefs
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Defining Purgatory & the Communion of Saints
- Why must we go to confession if God’s love is unconditional?
- Why go to a priest for Confession?
- What is the Heart of the Church? (video podcast)
- The Christmas Magi: What do we know about them?
- Is the Catechism of the Catholic Church Dependable for Teaching Truth?
- Are the Magisterium & the Pope dependable for teaching truth?
- Preventing priest burnout amidst shortages
Answers about Mary
- Was Mary an immaculate conception?
- What do we know about Mary’s birth and life?
- How do we know Mary never sinned?
- Was Mary the Mother of God?
- Did Jesus have a brother named James?
Answers about Controversial (& Misunderstood) teachings
- Is the Catholic Church right about contraception?
- Does Catholicism condemn homosexuals?
- Why is an annulment necessary for Communion? (goes to our MarriageVocation.net)
- God’s mysterious ways with an annulment (goes to our MarriageVocation.net)
Answers about the Catholic Mass
- What’s the big deal about going to Mass?
- Why is Mass the best way to progress in the spiritual life?
- The correct posture at Mass: Should we be standing or kneeling?
- The correct posture at Mass: Can we genuflect when receiving Communion?