Bogged down by financial worries? God wants you to be free of all anxieties about your finances. Learn how to handle money with the wisdom of God, and put an end to your worries.
- Detachment: Flying high in the Spirit
What does it mean “to be born from above”? In John 3:7b-15, Jesus explained that it means being led by God even when we don’t know where he’s leading us. It means being free to float in the Spirit at any time in any direction, because we are not attached to this world even though it’s what we can touch, smell, see, hear audibly, and control.
- Financial advice from the Word of the Lord
Where is my focus? What does God require of us so we can receive His abundance? Does God promise to be generous with you? “The Lord your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands… if you obey the Lord your God and keep His commands and decrees… and turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.” (Deuteronomy 30:9,10)
- Gaining financial freedom God’s way
Bogged down by financial worries? God wants you to be free of all anxieties! Learn how to handle money with the wisdom of God, and put an end to your worries. Here are 7 spiritual keys to achieve true financial freedom, using quotes by Saints and Popes and Scriptures, with commentary by Terry Modica. (1) RATE YOUR WISDOM ON FINANCIAL FREEDOM! (2) LET GOD SATISFY YOUR DESIRES! (3) BE CONTENT WITH LESS TO RECEIVE MORE, etc.
- Identify your real treasures
If we cannot see or envision what our real treasures are, then we’re blind, says Jesus in Matthew 6:19-23. If we consider as valuable anything that can decay or could be stolen from us, we’re living in the darkness of a world-view that is bleak, cynical, and discouraging. Look at 2 Corinthians 11:18-30 to see how much St. Paul suffered in his passion for serving the kingdom of God. And yet, he wasn’t feeling bleak, cynical, or discouraged. He wasn’t complaining. Why not?
- Sacrificial giving (Personal Testimony of Terry & Ralph Modica)
How we learned to overcome our fears: God’s ways are not our ways. God’s thoughts are higher than our thoughts. We are here to share with you our journey learning from God about sacrificial giving. In 1975, when we were first married, we didn’t know that God cared about our daily needs. But then we read Matthew 6:25-26: “Do not worry about your life…Look at the birds of the air… Your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
- Testing God with my finances (Personal Testimony of Nancy Viola) I was responding, not so much on faith, but on a dare. I was indeed testing God to see what he would do. I so desperately needed him to intervene in my life. I needed him to be my PROVIDER. I needed him to “open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing upon me that I wouldn’t be able to contain it.” Do you know that you cannot out-give God? Well I didn’t know this. I thought that if I gave until it hurt, I’d just go home hurting more from where I gave. But that never happened. Somehow, through some means, God had wonderful blessings waiting in the wings just for those occasion when I would really need him the most.
- The decision that makes the difference (Personal Testimony of Fernando Ramos)
When we are going through difficult times, we need miraculous faith. But this is exactly the time when our faith and trust are under trial. In those moments, we can measure how much faith we have in God, trusting that He can, he wishes and he will make a change for good in our lives. We can also feel how much we believe that he is good, that he’s always looking out for us, caring for our situations, and that he will neither let us down nor delay the time to fulfill his good plans for us.
- How Identity Theft Brought Me Closer to God (Personal Testimony of Daniela Delvescovo)
A rush of fear entered me. I felt my heart drop deep down into my stomach. “This can’t be real,” I thought. My debit card information had been stolen. Here is the story of how identity theft actually brought me closer to God. At first I thought it must be some kind of mistake: There was obviously no way I could have spent that money, I’d been in the boring meeting all morning. So I signed into my bank account to investigate further. What I found was shocking, a list of multiple charges all made in California using my life savings. The amount kept going up, too.