Resources for Developing
Small Christian Communities
- The priests promote the concept of SCCs at every opportunity.
- In the Prayers of the Faithful at every weekend Mass, from now on a prayer should be offered for the development/continuation of SCCs.
- Bulletin announcements.
2. MID-MAY: Kick-Off Meeting inviting people who are interested in getting involved.
3. END OF MAY: At the end of all the Masses, priest introduces the new parish SCC Director and will speak a few minutes about SCCs; they will ask people to volunteer to train as group facilitators.
4. JUNE: Monday evenings 7:30-9:00 Training for Facilitators.
5. SUMMER MONTHS: Facilitators will continue to meet with each other using the SCC meeting format.
6. AUGUST: Retreat for parishioners to get them interested in studying scripture and in journeying together in small communities.
7. SEPTEMBER, 1st WEEKEND AFTER LABOR DAY: Sign-Up Sunday to join SCCs; includes witness speakers to promote sign-ups; includes sign-up cards & pencils in all the seats to be filled out & returned in offering baskets. (Volunteers are needed to replenish cards & pencils before each Mass.)
8. SEPTEMBER, 2nd SATURDAY: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (includes lunch provided by church) training for new facilitators and to refresh previously trained facilitators.
9. SEPTEMBER, 2nd SUNDAY: Priests give push at Masses for late sign-ups.
10. SEPTEMBER, 3rd SATURDAY or SUNDAY: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. SCC Start-Up Retreat, for all those who signed up to meet, socialize & have a practice meeting.
11. SEPTEMBER, LAST WEEK: SCCs begin to meet in homes.
12. October: Commission Ceremony during a popular Sunday Mass