Join the Apostolate of the Rosary Walkathon!
All forms of abuses are evil and inspired by demons. The Blessed Mother has said many, many times in apparitions around the world that we must pray the Rosary for the defeat of evil. She’s warned us again and again that if we don’t live holy lives and pray for the defeat of evil, terrible things will happen, very terrible. And so we are offering the Rosary Walkathon as something you can do.
The Blessed Mother’s warnings at Fatima
Pope Saint John Paul II said, “The message of Fatima is a call to conversion, alerting humanity to have nothing to do with the ‘dragon’ whose ‘tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth’ (Revelation 12:4).” (May 13, 2000, in his homily during the beatification of Blessed Jacinta and Francisco)
Much earlier in his papacy he had preached: “Can the Mother with all the force of the love that she fosters in the Holy Spirit and desires everyone’s salvation, can she remain silent when she sees the very basis of her children’s salvation undermined? No, she cannot remain silent.” The Fatima messages, he revealed, concern Our Lady’s warning that the foundation of our salvation is being undermined. (May 13, 1982)
And we have seen it happen. So many have left the Faith. Many others claim to be Catholic without living by the teachings of the Church. Few fully know what the teachings of the Church really are! They have some idea, but not clearly enough to protect them from the teachings of the world (the teachings of Satan).
How did we get here?
[ November 5, 2019] Everyone who has been paying attention to Church news has heard about bishops who have hidden the abuses of minors, seminarians who have been molested, and the culture of homosexuality (the “Lavender Mafia”) within the Church pushing its influence against the teachings of the Bible and the Church Magisterium.
We’re alarmed that Pope Francis allowed pagan idol worship in the Church ceremony that opened the Amazon Synod and then gave the idols a place in St. Peter’s Basilica and elsewhere.
We’re also confused by this pope’s lack of clear teachings on what is sinful. Remember the old days when the Shepherds declared things “anathema” and preached about mortal sin and hell? And we wonder: Is Pope Francis just a poor communicator or is he actually trying to change Church teachings?
Pope Gregory the Great described the role of the bishop as “the watchdog who guards the flock against the wolves, warning the flock and driving the wolves away from the flock.” Saint Boniface added, “The watchdog that does not bark when there is a threat to the flock is useless and harmful.”
Meanwhile we have learned that unrepentant sinful bishops have been promoted to important, influential positions while holy ones who preach the true teachings of the Church have been “overlooked”. And we are realizing that coordinated evils committed by some of the hierarchy go back at least as far as 1960.
People have asked me, “What can we do about evils in the Church?”
Canon Law #212 says in paragraph 3 that we, Christ’s faithful, “have the right, indeed at times the duty, in keeping with their knowledge, competence and position, to manifest to the sacred Pastors their views on matters which concern the good of the Church. They have the right also to make their views known to others of Christ’s faithful, but in doing so they must always respect the integrity of faith and morals, show due reverence to the Pastors and take into account both the common good and the dignity of individuals.”
This is the first step. But what if nothing changes? The problem goes much deeper and is far more encompassing that what most of our holy pastors and bishops can deal with effectively. The Church is being attacked from within. These evils are the work of the devil. It always has been and it always will be. We need to wield a weapon that conquers demons. The Blessed Mother has given us the Rosary for this.
The Rosary Walkathon
Here’s how it works:
- Find at least one friend to do this with you. The bigger the community you gather, the better. If you start with one person, the Lord will provide more as they witness what you are doing.
- Meet with your pastor to inform him that you will be praying the Rosary for him and for the renewal of the Church. If he is a holy priest, tell him that this means you’ll be praying for evil to be driven from the Church. If he is part of a problem that you’ll be covering in prayer, do not let your anger show, but come prepared with a written letter that politely and respectfully states what Canon Law #212 advises. If it is not safe to do this in person, then deliver the letter in a sealed envelope through the parish office. Keep a copy of the letter in your files.
- Make a commitment to continue the Rosary Walkathon until it is no longer necessary, at least Monday through Friday, in rain or sunshine, cold or hot weather, no matter what. When one is unable to do the Rosary Walkathon, there should be other team members to keep it going.
- Everyone who joins the walkathon is given “The Rule of the Rosary Walkathon” (download it below).
- Before praying the Rosary Walkathon each day, attend Mass as often as daily Mass is available. This is to purify yourself through the Penitential Rite and to renew your unity with Jesus in the Holy Sacrament.
- Begin walking the entire perimeter of the church property while praying the Rosary, continuing until you have completed one circuit.
Let Jesus minister to you more: See our other Wordbytes on Church Crisis.
See all our WordBytes at Wordbytes.org >>
Find more faith-builders by visiting the Good News Ministries home page >>