Resources for Developing
Small Christian Communities
Use this for an experience of Small Christian Community faith sharing during the training session for facilitators.
1. Read Matthew 9:35-38
2. Verse 36 says that the crowds following Jesus were “troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd.” What does this mean?
3. Do you think this is a description of Catholics today? Share from your own experiences how you have been or have witnessed someone who’s struggling due to a lack of Christ-like shepherding.
4. Verse 37 shows Jesus saying that the harvest is abundant but the laborers are few. How ripe do you think people really are for new spiritual growth?
5. What kind of laborers are needed for the kind of Catholic who wants to grow in faith? What qualities must these laborers have to be effective in inviting people to grow? Write these qualities in the space below as they are named by the various members of your group.
6. Which of these qualities do you feel are lacking or inadequate in you? How can you turn these over to God so that He can fill in what is lacking? What might He do to fill in the gaps?